Web-based version of CrankWheel, compatible with Firefox
Welcome! If you’re reading this, you’re likely one of our new Firefox users testing
out our experimental web-based version of CrankWheel.
This version is somewhat limited in functionality compared to the Google Chrome
- Recording your meetings is not supported
- Remote control is not supported
- You can receive Instant Demo requests, but to do so you must keep the control panel open
Since this version uses pure web technologies, there will be some prompts from
the browser for permissions you need to give, that you may miss the first time around
if you’re not careful:
- When clicking on “Start screen sharing” there might be a prompt saying pop-ups were blocked for the site. You need to allow pop-ups.
- Soon after the CrankWheel control panel pops up, it will request permission to show notifications, if
you haven’t already either granted or denied this request. Notifications are used to help you stay
informed of actions happening within meetings, and to notify you of Instant Demo requests. They are optional
- When you screen share for the first time, if you haven’t already granted Firefox access to screen recording at the operating system level, it is possible Firefox will show a prompt asking for access. Please grant this access.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at