The traditional phone call is rapidly being replaced by communication through Instant Messaging apps such as WhatsApp. People are still doing voice calls through IM but text-based chat on IM platforms has replaced SMS and video calls through IM have replaced video chats in collaboration platforms.
Salespeople are starting to rely more on IM to reach their prospects and customers. And no wonder, WhatsApp is considered a better sales engagement channel.
Below you will find all you need to know on how to share your screen with WhatsApp.
- Does WhatsApp have a screen share feature?
- Can I share my Android or iPhone screen in a WhatsApp chat?
- The best way to share your desktop in a WhatsApp chat
- How you can share your screen on WhatsApp voice or video Calls?
- How to share your screen in the Android or iOS app?
- WhatsApp screen share walkthrough
Does WhatsApp have a screen share feature?
WhatsApp does not have a built-in screen share feature. But there is an easy workaround on how you can share your screen to any WhatsApp chat or call.
Can I share my Android or iPhone screen in a WhatsApp chat?
It’s not possible to share your mobile screen via WhatsApp. You can however share your desktop screen from Windows, Chromebook, Mac or Linux. See the instructions below.
The best way to share your desktop in a WhatsApp chat
For to screen share via WhatsApp, you will need a screen sharing software such as CrankWheel. Don’t worry, you won’t have to download anything to your computer.
- Sign up for CrankWheel. It’s free to register.
- Launch CrankWheel, either from your browser or from the extension.
- Select what you want to share (a browser tab, a program window or your entire desktop)
- Open the chat you want to share your screen to. Copy the link for the meeting and paste it into the WhatsApp chat.
- Your viewers can now see your screen on any browser and any device by entering through the link.
How you can share your screen on WhatsApp voice or video calls
When you are in a call, either voice or video, it’s best to use your public link. Simply tell your viewers your public link (meeting.is/yourlink). It’s a sequence of numbers by default but you can change it in your dashboard.
As a security measure, you will get alerted once a viewer wants to enter via your public link and you will see a number that the viewer will also see. You can accept or reject new viewers to the session.
How to share your screen in the Android or iOS app?
If you are in a call or a chat on your mobile phone, it’s best to start a screen-sharing session as described above and then either type in (chat) or say out loud (video/voice) your public link.
WhatsApp screen share walkthrough video
Play the video below to see how easy it is to share your screen on WhatsApp with CrankWheel.