Welcome to the digital age where collaboration knows no bounds! Whether you’re presenting a groundbreaking idea to your remote team, or guiding a friend through a complex process.
With CrankWheel, you can share the screen of your Mac to any device. The viewer clicks on your link and enters the screen sharing session instantly. Your viewer is never asked to install an app to view your presentation and can open it on any device.
- Share Your Screen on a Mac
- Frequently Asked Questions about Screen Sharing on a Mac
Share Your Screen on a Mac
To start screen sharing from your Mac, get the CrankWheel browser extension. Click here to get started.
Once you have the extension, pin it in your browser and follow the steps below:
- Launch the extension by clicking on the CrankWheel icon in the upper-right corner of your browser.
- Select what you want to share: full screen, a browser tab or a program window. (If you click Full screen - select which screen you want to share, if you select browser tab you will have to click on the CrankWheel icon in that tab to confirm and if you select Program Window - select which program window you want to share).
- Send the link to the person you want to share your screen with. You can send it via email, with a text to a mobile device, copy the link and paste into a chat or use your customized meeting link.
- Your viewers simply click the link to see your screen instantly. They won’t be troubled with prompts to install an app or download any software to view.
Frequently Asked Questions about Screen Sharing on a Mac
How to Screen Share from a Mac to a TV?
The easiest way is to use your public link which is shown below the sharing options. That link can be typed in your TV’s browser.
Once the link has been entered into the browser, you will get a notification in your CrankWheel UI and you will have to confirm the request to join the session.
How do I share my Mac if I have two screens?
During Step 2, you select the Full-Screen option. Once you click that, you get to select which screen you want to share. Click the desktop you want to share and proceed to copy and share the link to the session.
How to Screen Share on a Mac using Messages
Once you have selected what to share, copy the link. Then you can paste the link in Messages or screen share with WhatsApp.
What is the best way to create and share a screenshot video on Mac?
Select what you want to share and record. Press the record button and allow the browser to use your microphone. You don’t have to share your screen live for the recording. When you press the stop button, you will be automatically redirected to the video sharing page.
Once the video has been uploaded and processed in the cloud, you can either download the video as an MP4, share a link to the video or copy a link to embed the video with an animated preview in your emails.