You can now collect electronic signatures in a CrankWheel screen sharing session. To introduce the feature, we hosted a webinar where Jói Sigurdsson, CrankWheel’s Founder & CEO, took users for a deep dive into the new feature.
E-signatures within a screen sharing session is particularly beneficial for sales over the telephone, especially in sectors like health and life insurance, solar sales and digital marketing.
- Electronic signatures in a screen sharing session
- Why You Should Use Screen Sharing with Built-in e-signatures
Electronic signatures in a screen sharing session
CrankWheel’s new addition came timely for the ACA Open Enrollment Period, complying with the new requirements from the Centers for Medicare Services (CMS) for a verifiable means of gathering client consent. To begin with, the feature is only available for insurance agents who are getting their clients to sign a CMS-compliant ACA consent form and the Open Enrollment attestation form.
In the webinar, Jói demonstrated the process and the simplicity and efficiency of obtaining electronic signatures within a CrankWheel screen sharing session, using text messaging to both verify the client and getting them connected.
In the webinar, you can see how you set up the insurance agent configurations, initiate a screen sharing session and the process for clients to consent and attest to information correctness.
CrankWheel ensures the security and verification of the client’s identity through unique text message links.
The webinar also addressed viewer’s questions regarding the use of this feature for different insurance types, the customization of agreements, and the storage and retrieval of signed forms.
We aim to expand the e-signature feature, we are seeking input on various use cases and the potential to include custom PDF uploads for signatures.
The webinar concluded with discussions on pricing plans, recording storage and technical aspects of using CrankWheel for obtaining client consent and attestation in a secure and verified manner.
Why You Should Use Screen Sharing with Built-in e-signatures
Instead of the traditional e-signature solutions that require your clients to navigate to an email inbox and follow a link, integrating e-signatures into screen sharing sessions can make the sales process more efficient, engaging, and user-friendly, leading to higher satisfaction and conversion rates.
- Streamlining the Process: The ability to sign documents in real-time during a screen sharing session simplifies the process, reducing the steps required for a client to give consent or attest to information. Which means efficiency.
- Better Client Engagement: Screen sharing allows you to guide your clients through the document, explain terms and conditions and address any questions instantly. Direct interaction builds trust and clarity, leading to higher conversion rates.
- Reduced Drop-off Rates: Your client won’t need to switch between different applications or platforms (like going off the phone call to an email inbox), the likelihood of clients dropping off before completing the signature process is significantly reduced.
- Immediate Confirmation: You will get an immediate confirmation of the signed document, which allows you to move forward with the next steps without any delay. In traditional e-signature processes, you will have to wait for clients to check their email and complete the process which causes delays at best.
- Identity Verification: Text message identity verification adds a layer of security to the process, ensuring that the person signing the document is indeed the intended recipient. It’s important in industries where verification of identity is crucial.
- Better Record Keeping: Integrating e-signature within the screen sharing gives you better record keeping.The entire process from presentation to signing is encapsulated within one platform both in writing and recording.
- More Accessibility: For clients who may not be as comfortable or familiar with navigating multiple digital platforms or devices, completing the entire process within a single screen sharing session is more accessible and less intimidating.
Q: Can electronic signatures be obtained during a CrankWheel screen sharing session?
- A: Yes. The new feature allows clients to electronically sign and consent to documents during a screen sharing session, using a text message-based system for identity verification.
Q: How does CrankWheel verify the client’s identity?
- A: The client’s identity is verified through a unique link sent via text message. Future updates may include additional verification through the client’s IP address.
Q: Can custom agreements be used in the electronic signature process?
- A: At the moment, CrankWheel offers standard agreements for consent and attestation. Custom agreement functionalities are planned for future updates.
Q: How are the signed documents stored and accessed?
- A: Signed documents are securely stored on CrankWheel servers and are accessible via email. CrankWheel plans to introduce a feature for users to view all signed contracts through their platform.
Q: Is it possible to use email instead of text messages for client identity verification?
- A: Currently, only text message verification is available. The capability to use email for verification is planned for future updates.
Q: What are the pricing plans for using this feature?
- A: There are different pricing plans, including a Pro Plan typically priced at $39 per month. Special rates may be available for insurance professionals who are members of professional associations that have a partnership with CrankWheel.